Conjunctions in English grammar are very necessary to learn English. Edumantra takes complete care of this so we are providing a conjunction list with conjunctions exercises and we are trying to tell you conjunction meaning. Some conjunction sentences will make learning easy. To see these conjunctions examples and be perfect in conjunction grammar by reading these conjunction words-
I. Fill in the blanks with suitable connectors (conjunctions)
1.This place is warm ________comfortable.
2. Wait here ____ I come.
3. My sister reads her book_____ listening to music.
4. Work hard________ you will fail.
5. My uncle is poor __________honest.
6. Wait here ____ I come.
7. My sister reads her book_____ listening to music.
8. Work hard________ you will fail.
II. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate conjunctions:
1. I am ill, —————– (with/but/so/and), I have to go to work.
2. He studied hard———— (but/and/still/yet), got good marks.
3. She was unwell …………… (but/and/so/yet), she went to the doctor.
4. I was tired ……….. (so/yet/and/but), I stayed up.
III. Choose the correct conjunction from the brackets and fill in the blanks:-
1.Wait here __________ I come. (as / till )
2. She would die rather ________ beg. (than/ but)
3. Is his name Rahul_________ Rajan? (and / or )
4. He is slow _______ sure. (and /but)
Join the following sentences using the conjunctions given in the brackets:-
1.It was Sunday_____ the school was closed (so/because)
2. Rupa is tall_______ thin (and/or)
3. Hurry up_______ you will miss the train. (and/or)
4. Let him take rest ______ he may recover fast. (so that/such that)
5. Naveen did not speak to him _______he called out to him. ( since/though)
6. They helped me _________the rich person. ( as /and )
7. Rohit is sharp _________ Ravi is dull.
8. A fox is a large ________clever animal. ( but / and )
9. Naveen did not speak to him _______he called out to him. ( since/though)
10. They helped me _________the rich person. ( as /and )
11. Rohit is sharp _________ Ravi is dull.