If you are searching what is a report, how to write a report and want to learn report writing skills, you are at the right place. Here at edumantra.net, we provide ncert solutions, report writing format, report writing sample, report writing examples and complete writing process. So Let’s dive in to learn better-
1. To promote healthy eating habits amongst school children your school recently organized a ‘Nutritious Food and Snacks Competition’. The competition was open to both parents and students. The participation was very encouraging. The famous nutrition expert, Dr. Shikha Sharma was the chief guest. As Anjum, the student editor of your school magazine, write a report about this event in 100 words.
Ans: SECRETS TO HEALTHY SNACKING
Hundreds of parents and students participated in the ‘Nutritious Food and Snacks Competition’ organized by Vaibhav Public School, Hastinapur, yesterday, to increase awareness about healthy eating habits. The awareness campaign was aimed at both students, who snack by grabbing burgers, fries, potato chips, or chocolates, as well as for parents, who are juggling busy schedules where fast food becomes a convenient option. The school organized a Healthy Cooking Competition wherein all recipes involved healthy food like salads, whole-grain bread and roasted snacks.
The winner amongst parents was Ms. Neeru Mittal and amongst students was Noor AM Kajani of XII B.
The eminent nutrition expert, Dr. Shikha, the chief guest said, ‘When it comes to smart snacking, think small portions, think healthy potions!’ This competition was an eye-opener for one and all.
2. Write a newspaper report on a Bus Accident taking ideas from the following hints:
Shimla, April 4, Bus skidded, Chamba district, Koti village, 10 killed, villagers, 25 injured, third incident, mini truck accident, a pickup van fell into the gorge.
Answer Ten Killed In Himachal Accident
(Thursday, April 04, 2013, by TANS)
Shimla, April 4
The people were killed and 25 injured when a private bus skidded off the road and fell into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh’s Chamba district Monday morning, police said. This is the third major road accident in Chamba district in less than a month. The accident took place in Koti Village, about 22 km from Chamba town where it was headed to. Superintendent of police Madhusudhan told TANS over the phone from the spot. He said the injured were admitted to the zonal hospital, some 450 km from state capital Shimla. The dead were mainly men and belonged to nearby villages.
Last month, 32 members of a marriage party were killed when their mini-truck rolled into a 500-metre deep gorge near Sherpur village, some 50 km from Chamba.
On the same day in the other accident, a pick up a van carrying employees of a private company executing a hydropower project fell into a gorge near Bharmour, 65 km from Chamba, killing nine people on the spot.
3. Given below are some notes of a newspaper reporter. Using given notes write a news report for a National Daily.
- Anna Hazare refuses to end hunger strike, • 73 yr old, lost weight, • felt a little weak • invoke the memory of Mahatma Gandhi, • popular political tactics, • Candlelit vigils; • Mumbai, Lucknow, • Jaipur, • Bollywood stars, • Fast until death, • to stamp out graft, • the third day of a strike.
Answer Indian Activist Anna Hazare Refuses To End Hunger Strike
Sunday, 7 April 2013: New Delhi:
A 73-year-old Indian anti-corruption campaigner has refused to end his “fast until death” despite government’s concessions on his demands for a powerful new body to stamp out graft in the country. On the third day of his hunger strike i.e. Thursday, he said he had lost weight and “felt a little weak” but could continue without food for at least another week.
Hunger strikes invoke the memory of those undertaken by Mahatma Gandhi. They are popular political tactics in India and are frequent features of public life. However, this most recent campaign against corruption has mobilised millions of Indians. Hazare’s Facebook page has more than 80,000 friends and supporters. Tens of thousands also joined the protests, ranging from hunger strikes to candlelit vigils in cities all over the country including Mumbai, Lucknow and Jaipur. A number of Bollywood stars have also come out in support of Hazare, a former soldier and veteran social activist.
4. You are school correspondent Mr Jagdish Valecha. Your school Patna Central School organised the Prize Distribution Function on March 2, 2014. The school patron Sh. Sudarshanji Maharaj was the chief guest of the function. Write a detailed report for the school magazine.
Answer School Holds Awards Function
March 2, 2014, Patna
Patna Central School organized its Awards Function–Rshirwad-2014’—here on Tuesday on its school campus. The talented students were awarded for their achievements in various fields. These included writing, painting, fancy dress competition, science exhibition, folk dance, slogan writing and sports like kho-kho, kabaddi, volleyball, basketball and chess. As many as 34 students were awarded for 100% attendance.
School patron Acharya Shri Sudarshanji Maharaj gave his blessings to the students. In his speech, he said that all children are talented but they need proper moulding and guidance. This can be done only by a teacher. The school principal read out the Annual Report. He exhorted students to take part in extra-curricular activities.
A dance ballet on various aspects of Goddess Ma Shakti was performed by the students and a devotional song was sung by Saloni Sharma. The function ended with the singing of National Anthem.
Some More Solved Examples of Report Writing Are:-