Active Voice and Passive Voice are directly not asked in class 9 and 10 in CBSE but they are asked in many forms like gap filling, editing and omission and sometimes rearranging sentences are also in the passive voice. Passive meaning is basically where the subject is not doing anything. Active passive voice is a topic worth learning because it covers more than 25% of the language. Considering this we are giving active and passive voice rules along with active and passive voice exercises pdf so that voice change should be easy for you. In order to explain this in a better way, Edumantra provides active and passive voice examples with answers
PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSE
Passive Voice: is/am/are + being + 3rd form of the verb.
|Active Voice||Passive Voice|
|1. He is driving a car.||A car is being driven by him.|
|2. I am not running a race.||A race is not being run by me.|
|3. Is she watering the plants?||Are the plants being watered|
Convert the Following Active Voice into Passive Voice:-
1. He is beating his brother.
2. Questions are being asked by them.
3. He is running a race.
4. Pakistan is making an atom bomb.
5. She is telling a story.
6. Mohan is teaching me.
7. Radha is ‘buying toys.
8. The gardener is watering the plants.
9. The carpenter is making a chair.
1. His brother is being beaten by him.
2. They are asking questions.
3. A race is being run by him.
4. An atom bomb is being made by Pakistan.
5. A story is being told by her.
6. I am being taught by Mohan.
7. Toys are being bought by Radha.
8. The plants are being watered by the gardener.
9. A chair is being made by the carpenter.
Change the following sentences into Passive Voice:
1. I am taking tea.
2. We are reading our lessons.
3. You are telling a lie.
4. He is not beating me.
5. She is not running a race.
6. They are painting pictures.
7. Mohan is speaking the truth.
8. He is plucking flowers.
9. Ram is making a kite.
10. She is feeding the baby.
11. The farmers are not ploughing the fields.
12. She is not doing anything.
13. Are you helping the poor?
14. Why are you not giving a test?
15. The Principal is giving away the prizes.