Active Voice and Passive Voice are directly not asked in class 9 and 10 in CBSE but they are asked in many forms like gap filling, editing and omission and sometimes rearranging sentences are also in the passive voice. Passive meaning is basically where the subject is not doing anything. Active passive voice is a topic worth learning because it covers more than 25% of the language. Considering this we are giving active and passive voice rules along with active and passive voice exercises pdf so that voice change should be easy for you. In order to explain this in a better way, Edumantra provides active and passive voice examples with answers
PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE
Passive Voice: was/ were + being + 3rd form of the verb.
|Active Voice||Passive Voice|
|1. The teacher was calling the rolls.||The rolls were being called by the teacher.|
|2. The masons were not building the house.||The house was not being built by the masons.|
|3. Was he revising||Were his books being revised by him?|
Rule: was/were + being + HI form of the verb.
Convert the Following Sentences into Passive Voice:-
1. He was writing a by him.
2. Radha was singing by Radha.
3. They were playing played by them.
4. You were wasting wasted by you.
5. I was preparing for a lesson.
6. I was solving sums.
7. Mohan was helping helped by Mohan.
8. Shyam was advising me.
1. A letter was being written letter.
2. A song was being sung a song.
3. A match was being a match.
4. The time was being the time.
5. A lesson was being prepared by me.
6. Sums were being solved by me.
7. The poor were being the poor.
8. I was being advised by Shyam.
Change the following sentences into passive Voice:
1. He was building a house.
2. She was teaching me.
3. We were drinking milk.
4. They were chasing the thief.
5. She was ironing her clothes.
6. They were playing a game.
7. You were not writing a letter.
8. Ram was not selling his old car.
9. He was not plucking the flowers.
10. You were not writing a storybook.
11. He was not learning his lesson.
12. Was Ream teasing the clog?
13. Why was the peon not posting the letters?
14. Whom were you abusing?
15. Some boys were helping the wounded man.