Active Voice and Passive Voice are directly not asked in class 9 and 10 in CBSE but they are asked in many forms like gap filling, editing and omission and sometimes rearranging sentences are also in the passive voice. Passive meaning is basically where the subject is not doing anything. Active passive voice is a topic worth learning because it covers more than 25% of the language. Considering this we are giving active and passive voice rules along with active and passive voice exercises pdf
Sentences with Modal Auxiliaries
Put the following sentences into passive voice:
1. You should finish this work.
2. I can lift this table.
3. He might help me in this matter.
4. The Principal will address the students.
5. You should take an umbrella.
6. We ought to respect the elders.
7. They could not cross the river.
8. You should take exercise daily.
9. You must not steal his pencil.
10. The doctor could not save the patient.
1. This work should be finished by you.
2. This table can be lifted by me.
3. I might be helped in this matter by him.
4. The students will be addressed by the Principal.
5. An umbrella should be taken by you.
6. The elders ought to be respected by us.
7. The river could not be crossed by them.
8. Exercise should be taken daily by you.
9. His pencil must not be stolen by you.
10. The patient could not be saved by the doctor.