Reading Skills get sharpened by unseen passage reading comprehension test. We provide reading comprehension exercises with answers. Go through reading comprehension passages with multiple choice questions will help you in reading comprehension questions. We provide simple comprehension passages with questions and answers which have value based questions. These unseen comprehension passages are really helpful to all. Go through this reading comprehension pdf and reading passage worksheets to learn English.
Wrestler Sakshi Malik
Read the passages given below and answer the questions that follow them:
Finally, the wrestler Sakshi Malik clinched the bronze medal in the 58 kg category, pulling off a sensational 8-5 victory over Aisuluu Tynybekova of Kyrgyzstan in the playoff bout and ended India’s painful wait for a medal at the Rio Olympic Games. The 23-year-old from Rohtak became only the fourth woman athlete from India to win an Olympic medal as she earned the dramatic win after falling behind 0-5 in the do-or-die bout on day 12. Weightlifter Karnam Malleshwari (2000, Sydney), boxer MC Mary Kom (2012, London) and shuttler Saina Nehwal (2012, London) were the only other women athletes from India to have won a medal in Olympics. Like in three of the four other bouts earlier in the day, Sakshi won the crucial bout after coming from behind. She, in fact, had lost 2-9 in the quarter-finals to Russia’s Valeriia Koblova in the fifth bout of the day before getting a second chance in repechage when her conqueror reached the final. Sakshi’s victory brought cheers to the Indian contingent that had endured agonising 11 days without a medal. Sakshi turned the tables on the Kyrgyzstan wrestler in the dying seconds of the bout as Tynybekova was in complete command in most part of the clash. Tynybekova grabbed Sakshi’s leg and quickly earned two points before adding one more for the Indian’s passivity. She repeated her move and successfully bagged two more points to lead 5-0 at the break. Sakshi could open the scoring only in the second period and got two points after throwing her rival down and out of the mat. She then managed to earn two points again with a similar move to bring down the margin to 4-5. Thereafter, it was no looking back for the Indian girl and she took the opponent down to level the scores 5-5. But she did not stop there and gained three more points by pinning down the Kyrgyzstan wrestler in the dying moments of the match.
Word-Meaning: Sensational—very excited अति उत्तेजक Bout—a short period of great activity, उत्कृत क्रियाशीलता का छोटा दोर Athlete—a person who runs, jumps, etc. in sports competitions, खेल
1. Who was the opponent of Sakshi Malik in the final wrestling at the Rio Olympic Games 2016?
2. How many points did Sakshi Malik score in all in the final wrestling at the Rio Olympic Games?
3. Before Sakshi Malik, who were the Indian women athletes to win medals at the Olympic Games?
4. What do you mean by repechage?
5. How did Tynybekova make Indian hopeless?
6. Did Sakshi score any point in the first period?
7. How did she get two points in the second period?
8. How many points did the Sakshi score at the last moment of the match?
1. Aisuluu Tynybekova of Kyrgyzstan was her opponent in the final wrestling at the Rio Olympic Games 2016.
2. Sakshi Malik scored 8 points altogether in the final wrestling at the Rio Olympic Games.
3. Before Sakshi Malik, the weightlifter Karnam Malleshwari, boxer MC Mary Kom and shuttler Santa Nehwal were the other Indian women athletes to win medals at Olympic Games.
4. Repechage is a practice in series competitions that gives a chance to participants who failed to meet qualifying standards by a small margin to continue to the next round.
5. To begin with, Tynybekova scored 5 points whereas Sakshi Malik could score no point which made Indians hopeless.
6. No, she could not score any point in the first period.
7. She got two points after throwing her rival down and out of the mat.
8. She scored three points at the last moment of the match.
More Comprehension Pasages:-
This passage is a rural development essay pdf. Read this rural development in India essay and gain knowledge.
This passage is all about vitamin c rich foods and vitamin c benefits. It also tells vitamin c sources and vitamin c vegetables. Read the passage to find vitamin c foods and vitamin c for the face.
This green building essay gives a fine green building introduction. Go through this green building history and make a fine green building definition.