If you are searching what is passive voice, active voice and passive voice examples, action verbs, active and passive voice rules you are at the right place. Here we have passive form, passive voice exercises and examples, passive sentences, active and passive voice exercises, active vs passive voice, passive to active. Let’s dive in for an insight-
[Based on the Present, Past and Future Perfect Tenses]
Put the following sentences into passive voice:
1.Mohan has spent all his money on useless things.
2. The watchman had locked the room.
3. The fire had destroyed all the huts.
4. Our forces had defeated the enemy.
5. The typist had typed four letters.
6. The doctor had cured the patient.
7. I shall have finished all the work by 7 p.m.
8. They will attend the conference.
9. By now the firemen will have controlled the fire.
1.All his money has been spent on useless things by Mohan.
2. The room had been locked by the watchman.
3. All the huts had been destroyed by the fire.
4. The enemy had been defeated by our forces.
5. Four letters had been typed by the typist.
6. The patient had been cured by the doctor.
7. All the work will have been finished by me by 7 p.m.
8. The conference will be attended by them.
9. By now, the fire will have been controlled by the firemen.
In the following questions, the sentences have been given in Active/Passive voice. From the given alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the given sentence in passive/Active voice.
1.I am waiting for my friend.
(A) My friend is being waited for by me
(B) My friend is waited for by me.
(C) My friend was being waited for by me.
(D) My friend is waiting for me.
2. Is he not painting the picture?
(A) is the picture not being painted by him?
(B) The picture was not being painted by him.
(C) The picture is painted by him.
(D) Is The picture painted by him?
3. Who was making a noise?
(A) By whom is a noise be made?
(B) By whom is a noise being made?
(C) By whom was a noise being made?
(D) By whom is a noise being made?
4. I have taken tea.
(A) Tea have been taken by me.
(B) Tea has been taken by us.
(C) Tea has been taken by me.
(D) Tea has been taken by me.
5. Who has called you?
(A) By whom have you been called?
(B) By whom have you been called?
(C) By whom are you been called?
(D) By whom were you been called?
6. The jug contains milk.
(A) The milk is contained in the jug.
(B) Milk is contained by the jug.
(C) Milk is contained in the jug.
(D) Milk has been contained in the jug.
7. She knows very well.
(A)I am known to her very well.
(B)I was known to her very well.
(C) I am known to her very well.
(D)She is known to very well.
8. Has he not seen the match?
(A)Has the match not been seen by him?
(B)Has the match been seen by him?
(C)Has the match seen by him?
(D) Have the match not been seen by him?
9. She has written a letter.
(A) A letter has been written by her.
(B) A letter was written by her.
(C) A letter is written by her.
(D)A letter has been written by she.
10. They will have killed the lion.
(A) The lion will have killed by them.
(B) The lion will have been killed by them.
(C) The lion will kill them.
(D) The lion will be killed by them.
1.(A) 2. (A)
3. (C) 4. (C)
5. (A) 6. (C)
7. (A) 8. (A)
9. (A) 10. (B)