Edumantra has the best explained full form of BHMS. Take advantage of freely available BHMS full form at our website. Remain full of knowledge of the meaning of the full form of BHMS. We would like to tell that the full form of BHMS is Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine.
The (abbreviation) full form of BHMS is Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery.
Additional Information About BHMS
BHMS is an undergraduate degree awarded in the field of Homeopathy and surgery. The candidates who are interested to pursue a career in medical sciences under the field of homeopathy can opt for this particular degree. The duration of this course is for five and a half years including an internship for a period of one year after the completion of the final degree examination.
The candidate can take an internship in any of the hospitals attached to the homeopathic college. In case the homeopathic hospital cannot accommodate all of its students, the students can take the internship in any of the homeopathic clinics or dispensaries belonging to the Central or State Governments. On the successful completion of the internship, the students shall be offered a degree in the field of homeopathic medicine and surgery. The degree is awarded only after the recommendation of the head of the institution where the internship was undertaken and also after the approval of the concerned board or university.
How can one get admitted into BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)?
Minimum qualification required for a candidate to enter into BHMS course – A candidate shall only be admitted into BHMS degree only after the completion of Diploma in Homoeopathy. The duration of such a course should not be less than four years.
The objectives of BHMS are as follows –
- To impart knowledge to the candidates in the field of homoeopathy and surgery so that they can work efficiently and contribute to the good health of the society.
- Learning the concepts related to the fundamentals of homoeopathy and thereby practising these concepts regularly.
- Evaluating and analysing the concepts related to susceptibility symptomatology.
- Correlating between the theory of chronic diseases and pathophysiological facts on gynaecology, surgery and medicine.
- Emphasising more on the concepts related to anatomy, physiology and biochemistry.
Subjects of study
The following are the subjects of study in BHMS-
- The practice of Homoeopathic medicine including paediatrics, Preventive and Social Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Systemic Pathology.
- Homoeopathic Material Medical (Applied and pure).
- Organon of Medicine, Homoeopathic Philosophy, Chronic diseases, Psychology and Logic and Repertorisation.