Everyone should know full forms of words related to everyone. This page provides best full form and tells what is the full form of AIIMS. So your search for AIIMS full form is over. Page is dedicated to a basic full form. Go through and get meaning of AIIMS
The (abbreviation) full form of AIIMS is All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Additional Information About AIIMS
AIIMS is a competitive examination which is conducted all over India. The candidates who want to possess the graduation or post-graduation in medicine can opt for this examination. AIIMS is associated with a group of autonomous public medical colleges of higher education. This national level competitive exam was introduced in the year 1956, for admission into various under-graduate and post-graduate medical courses which are based on the AIIMS score.
AIIMS New Delhi was the only institute all over India which selects candidates based on the AIIMS score. It was established in the year 1956. But over the years the number of institutions which select the students based on the AIIMS score have eventually increased to 12. Six new institutions were established in 2012, while five new institutes were recently established in 2014.
In the academic year 2013–14, the total number of MBBS seats in the new AIIMS increased up to 600, providing an opportunity to an additional 300 MBBS aspirants. With these new additions, the overall availability of MBBS seats in India increased up to 42,169. The health ministry is striving to achieve the target doctor-patient ratio of 1:1000 by 2021, which at present is 1:2000.
AIIMS offers various undergraduate courses such as MBBS, B.Sc (Hons.) Human Biology, B.Sc. courses in nursing, Audiometry, Ophthalmic Techniques and Radiography. It also offers several post-graduation courses like MD, MS and MDS, DM and MCh, Master’s Degree in M.Sc., Master’s Degree in Biotechnology (M Biotech) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
Objectives of AIIMS-
- To develop a pattern of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education to all medical colleges and other allied institutions in India.
- To bring together the educational facilities of the highest order for the training of the personnel in all important branches of the health activity.
- To attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate in medical education.
Functions of AIIMS-
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in medical and related physical biological sciences.
- Providing nursing and dental education.
- To bring innovations in education.
- Producing the best and highly experienced medical teachers for the country.
- Research in medical and related sciences.
- Providing good health care facilities such as preventive, promotive and curative.
- Community-based teaching and research.