Everyone should know full forms of words related to everyone. This page provides best full form and tells what is the full form of WHO. So your search for WHO full form is over. Page is dedicated to a basic full form. Go through and get meaning of WHO
The abbreviation or full form of WHO is the World Health Organization
Abbreviation or Full Form of WHO
World Health Organization was established on 7th April 1948 with its headquarters at Geneva, Switzerland. World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. The main motto of establishing the World Health Organization is to inhibit the spread of diseases and to promote good health to all people across the world.
At its initial stage of establishment, the World Health Organization played a leading role in eradicating smallpox. Later it strived towards preventing the spread of communicable diseases including HIV/AIDS, Ebola, Malaria, and tuberculosis.
Objectives of the WHO
- To act as the directing and coordinating authority on international health work.
- To assist Governments in strengthening health services.
- To provide technical assistance and necessary services in emergencies upon the request or acceptance of Governments.
- To stimulate and advance work to eradicate epidemic, endemic and other diseases.
- To promote co-operation among scientific and professional groups which contribute to the advancement of health.