A diary entry is a very personal kind of writing. It is meant to record certain significant events and feelings of the writer.
- Salutation ‘Dear Diary
- Heading of the entry
- Contents of the diary entry
Points to remember:
- Creativity, imagination and expression in diary writing are tested.
- You should write as if you have really been apart. of the situation.
- It is written in the first person.
- One does not write about things experienced on a daily basis. Only matters of some significance are recorded.
- It is a secret record of one’s life. so one can be very honest about one’s feelings and emotions.
Why do people write diaries?
People write diaries for…
- Expressing their point of view about a particular event or incidence.
- Expressing their own self.
What is the format for diary writing?
The format of Diary Writing
Dear Diary, Topic __________________________________________________
Your Name/ Writer’s Name