If you are searching what is passive voice, active voice and passive voice examples, action verbs, active and passive voice rules you are at the right place. Here we have passive form, passive voice exercises and examples, passive sentences, active and passive voice exercises, active vs passive voice, passive to active. Let’s dive in for an insight-
Change the following sentences into passive voice:
1. Suman writes a letter.
2. He carries his lunch to the office daily.
3. The postman delivers the mail three times a day.
4. The carpenter makes chairs.
5. A maid-servant washes my clothes four times a week.
6. The artist paints a picture.
7. The police maintain law and order in the country.
8. Mohan sang a song at the function.
9. The teacher punished the naughty boys.
10. The peon will bring tea.
11. The hunter will kill a lion.
12. India will never sign this treaty.
13. In case of war, our missiles will destroy the enemy.
14. Pakistan has made an atom bomb.
15. The police have caught the robber.
1. A letter is written by Suman.
2. His lunch is carried daily to office by him.
3. The mail is delivered three times a day by the postman.
4. Chairs are made by the carpenter.
5. My clothes are washed four times a week by a maid-servant
6. A picture is painted by the artist.
7. Law and order are maintained in the country by the police.
8. A song was sung at the function by Mohan.
9. The naughty boys were punished by the teacher.
10. Tea will be brought by the peon.
11. A lion will be killed by the hunter.
12. This treaty will never be signed by India.
13. In case of war, the enemy will be destroyed by our missiles.
14. An atom bomb has been made by Pakistan.
15. The robber has been caught by the police.
[Based on the Present, Past and Future Perfect Tenses]
Put the following sentences into passive voice:
1. The workers are building a house.
2. The farmers are sowing the seeds.
3. He is always collecting stamps.
4. Sita is writing a letter.
5. They are repairing the road.
6. They were listening to the songs.
7. The chairman was interviewing the candidates.
8. Mohan was telling the truth.
9. The gardener was watering the plants.
10. They were taking their lunch.
11. The peon is ringing the bell.
12. He is helping the victims of the quake.
13. They were watching the match.
14. I have done all the work.
15. He has always helped me.
1. A house is being built by the workers.
2. The seeds are being sown by the farmers.
3. Stamps are always being collected by him.
4. A letter is being written by Sita.
5. The road is being repaired by them.
6. The songs were being listened to by them.
7. The candidates were being interviewed by the chairman.
8. The truth was being told by Mohan.
9. The plants were being watered by the gardener.
10. Their lunch was being taken by them.
I I. The bell is being run by the peon.
12. The victims of the quake are being helped by him.
13. The match was being watched by them.
14. All the work has been done by me.
15. I have always been helped by him.