To learn the English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Direction: Choose the most suitable ‘one word’ for the following phrasesl expressions
1.Equal in rank, merit or quality.
(a) Chum (b) Contemporary (c) Peer (d) Colleague
2. The person who gives written a testimony for use in a law court.
(a) Deponent (b) Appellant (c) Witness (d) Litigant
3. Present opposing arguments or evidence. (Bank P.O. 1996)
(a) Rebut (b) Criticise (c) Rebuff (d) Reprimand
4. Books, pictures etc. intended to arouse sexual desire.
(a) Lewd (b) Licentious (c) Pornography (d) Erotica
5. A person who makes and sells ladies ‘hats, etc.
(a) Draper (b) Tinker (c) Milliner (d) Farrier
6. Careful in performing duties.
(a) Punctual (b) Punctilious (c) Sincere (d) Pugnacious
7. To mediate between two parties in a dispute. (Central Excise, 1994)
(a) Interfere (b) Interact (c) Interrupt (d) Intercede
8. A thing liable to be easily broken.
(a) Breakable (b) Ductile (c) Brittle (d) Delicate
9. The place where bricks are baked.
(a) Foundry (b) Mint (c) Cemetery (d) Kiln
10. The branch of medical science which deals with the problems of the old. (Section Officer’s Exam, 1993)
(a) Oncology (b) Geriatrics (c) Obstetrics (d) Endocrinology
1.(c) 2. (a)
3. (a) 4. (c)
5. (c) 6. (b)
7. (d) 8. (c)
9. (d) 10. (b)