To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each question below, a phrase is given below which some alternatives are given,’ One of these is the most appropriate .word i.e. it beet conveys the meaning of the phrase. Find out the most appropriate word in each case.
1.One who lends money at high rate of interest?
(a) Solvent (b) Uxorious (c) Usurer (d)Shylock
2. One who cuts precious stones?
(a) Philatelist (b) Drover (c) Lapidist (d)Oculist
3. Government by the Gods.
(a) Plutocracy (b) Theocracy (c) Thearchy (d) Pantisocracy
4. A person is not sure of the existence of God.
(a) Theist (b) Atheist (c) Agnostic (d) Cynic
5. One who compiles Dictionary? (Assistant Grade, 1990)
(a) Calligrapher (b) Editor (c) Lexicographer (d) Compiler
6. Which can be easily believed?
(a) Credulous (b) Creditable (c) Trustworthy (d) Credible
7. A woman trained to help other women in childbirth.
(a) Virgin (b) Midwife (c) Matron (d) Nurse
8. A person with full discretionary powers to act on behalf of a country.
(a) Ambassador (b) Emissary (c) Plenipotentiary(d) Envoy
9. Design made by putting together coloured pieces of glass or stones. (C.B.I. 1995)
(a) Oleograph (b) Mosaic (c) Tracery (d) Relief
10. To deprive a thing of its holy character.
(a) Sacrilege (b) Blasphemy (c) Consecrate (d) Desecrate
1, (c) 2. (c)
3. (c) 4. (c)
5. (c) 6. (d)
7. (b) 8. (c)
9. (b) 10. (d)