To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as a one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each question below, a phrase is given below which some alternatives are given,’ One of these is the most appropriate word i.e. it beet conveys the meaning of the phrase. Find out the most appropriate word in each case.
1.Wicked to a high degree.
(a) Cruel (b) Hateful (c) Heinous (d) Abominable
2. The original inhabitants of a country. (Bank P.O. 1990)
(a) Aborigines (b)Citizens (c) Natives (d) Primitive
3. Dungeon entered by a trapdoor.
(a) Cellar (b) Ditch (c) Vault (d) Oubliette
4. One desirous of getting money.
(a) Avaricious (b) Voracious (c) Garrulous (d) Greedy
5. Place where birds are kept. (C.B.I. 1994)
(a) Zoo (b) Apiary (c) Armuory (d)Apiary\
6. A person with a beautiful land elegant handwriting.
(a) Calligrapher (b) Collier (c) Choreographer (d) Cartographer
7. A person who is always dissatisfied.
(a) Heretic (b) Felon (c) Malcontent (d) Surrogate
8. Loss of power to move in any or every part of the body.
(a) Rheumatism (b) Paralysis (c) Eczema (d)Leprosy
9. One who does not care for literature or art. (Asstt. Grade, 1994)
(a) Barbarian (b) Philistine (c) Illiterate (d) Primitive
10.A group of three novels or plays, each complete in itself.
(a) Triplet (b) Triumvir (c) Trilogy (d) Trivet
1.(c) 2. (a)
3. (d) 4. (a)
5. (d) 6. (a)
7. (c) 8. (b)
9. (b) 10. (c)