To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as a one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Direction: In each of the following questions, choose the word which can be substituted for the given phrase sentence.
1. One who specializes in the study of birds. (C.B.I. 1994)
(a) Biologist (b) Naturalist (c) Zoologist (d) Ornithologist
2. Property inherited from one’s father or ancestors.
(a) Alimony (b) Patrimony (c) Legacy (d) Inheritance
3. Connoisseur of choice food.
(a) Greedy (b) Glutton (c) Gourmet (d) Gourmand
4. The person who makes love for amusement without serious intentions.
(a) Concubine (b) Philanderer (c) Dandy (d) Flirt
5. A person pretending to be somebody he is not. (Asst. Grade, 1994)
(a) Imposter (b) Liar (c) Rogue (d) Magician
6. One who eats human flesh?
(a) Beast (b) Savage (c) Cannibal (d) Carnivorous
7. Allowance due to a wife from her husband on separation.
(a) Bail (b) Alimony (c) Dole (d) Compensation
8. Fear of going to bed.
(a) Clinophobia (b) Ballistophobia (c) Xenophobia (d) Stenophobia
9. Official in charge of a museum.
(a) Dean (b) Warden (c) Curator (d) Supervisor
10. The doctrine that human souls pass from one body to another at the time of death. (B.Ed. Entrance, 1992)
(a) Metamorphosis (b) Transition (c) Transmigration (d) Extrapolation
1.(d) 2. (b)
3. (c) 4. (b)
5. (a) 6. (c)
7. (b) 8. (a)
9. (c) 10. (c)