To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, find out which one of the words given below the sentence can most appropriately replace the group of words italicised in the sentence.
1. He spent a long time cutting all the waste paper into pieces. (R.B.I. 1990)
(a) slashing (b) ripping (c) shredding (d) disposing
2. The stableman at the inn was the only witness to the murder.
(a) butler (b) ostler (c) imposter (d) jockey
3. A nation engaged in war cannot attain high levels of excellence in cultural fields.
(a)bellicose (b) belligerent (c) imperialist (d) jockey
4. Sunil was buying tickets at the counter when suddenly he noticed a lady’s purse Ping on the floor.
(a) reticule (b) parasol (c) vestibule (d) veil
5. The man’s nervousness depicted that it was the first speech delivered by him.
(a) matin (b) peroration (c) maiden (d) platitude
6. Nowadays, we often come across cases of admission to institutions through counterfeit certificates and documents.
(a) stoicism (b) pugnacity (c) epitaph (d) forgery
7. He is very careful and particular about everything he does.
(a) precise (b) scrupulous (c) meticulous (d) conscientious
8. A soldier who fights for the sake of money cannot be branded as courageous and patriotic.
(a) sinecure (b) honorary (c) mercenary (d) equestrian
9. Government by all cannot ensure order.
(a) democracy (b) bureaucracy (c) plutocracy (d) pantisocracy
10. The most common local means of transport in British times was a two-wheeled cab for two to ride inside with the driver mounted up behind.
(a) carriage (b) wagon (c) locomotive (d) hansom
1.(c) 2. (b)
3. (b) 4. (a)
5. (c) 6. (d)
7. (c) 8. (c)
9.(d) 10. (d)