To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words /sentence.
1.A person who is more interested in that in himself rather than anything that is going on around him.
(a) Egoist (b) Extrovert (c) Introvert (d) Eccentric
2. A story that can hardly be believed.
(a) Fictitious (b) Imaginary (c) Concocted (d) Incredible
3. Something which can be taken for granted.
(a) Doctrine (b) Maxim (c) Tenet (d) Postulate
4. A sea abounding in islands. (C.B.I. 1993)
(a) Strait (b) Archipelago (c) Ocean (d) Gulf
5. One who resides in a country of which he is not a citizen?
(a) Alien (b) Native (c) Foreigner (d) Prodigal
6. One who draws maps and charts?
(a) Lexicographer (b) Mappier (c) Cartographer (d) Graphologist
7. Anything which destroys the effect of poison.
(a) Serum (b) Antiseptic (c) Seramycin (d) Antidote
8. A song sung at a burial.
(a) Elegy (b) Ode (c) Dirge (d) Ballad
9. Words used in ancient times but no longer in general use now. (Section Officers’ Exam, 1993)
(a) Extinct (b) Ancient (c) Antiquated (d) Archaic
10. Ridiculous use of words.
(a) Onomatopoeia (b) Malapropism (c) Neologism (d) Pun
1.(c) 2. (d)
3. (d) 4. (b)
5. (a) 6. (c)
7. (d) 8. (c)
9. (d) 10. (b)