To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words’ sentence.
1.That which cannot be rectified or made good.
(a) Irreparable (b) Irrevocable (c) Irreconcilable (d) Irreplaceable
2. A ride on someone else’s back or shoulders.
(a) Hunchback (b) Piggyback (c) Kickback (d) Cuddle
3. A cure for all diseases. (Bank P.O. 1995)
(a) Exorcism (b) Incantation (c) Panacea (d) Antibiotic
4. Unreasoning enthusiasm for the glorification of one’s country.
(a) Communism (b) Imperialism (c) Patriotism (d) Chauvinism
5. The form of madness which gives a person the idea that his importance is very great.
(a) Paroxysm (b) Megalomania (c) Insanity (d) Braggart
6. One who travels from place to place? (C.B.I.1995)
(a) Itinerant (b) Mendicant (c) Journeyman (d) Tramp
7. That which is perceptible by touch.
(a)Tangible (b) Tenacious (c) Contagious (d) Contingent
8. A person who is bad in spelling.
(a) Calligraphist (b) Stroll (c) Gallop (d) Promenade
9. A short walk for pleasure or exercise. (I. Tax, 1994)
(a) Jog (b) Stroll (c) Gallop (d) Promenade
10. That which cannot be understood. (Section Officers’ Exam, 1993)
(a) Illegible (b) Unintelligible (c) Unknown (d) Undecipherable
1.(a) 2. (b)
3. (c) 4. (d)
5. (b) 6. (a)
7. (a) 8. (b)
9. (b) 10. (b)