To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as a one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words’ sentence.
1.The policy of a political party.
(a) Manifesto (b) Agenda (c) Report (d) Circular
2. The story told to illustrate a moral or spiritual truth. (B.S.R.B. 1995)
(a) Didactic (b) Parable (c) Paragon (d) Paradigm
3. One who believes that everything pre-destined.
(a) Pessimist (b) Fatalist (c) Palmist (d) Astrologer
4. A person who betrays a friend.
(a) Traitor (b) Cheat (c) Hypocrite (d) Disloyal
5. A verse letter.
(a) Epistle (b) Epitaph (c) Pantomime (d) Lay
6. One who eats everything? (Bank P.O. 1995)
(a) Omnipotent (b) Insolvent (c) Omniscient (d) Omnivorous
7. Joint sovereignty exercised over a county by two or more countries.
(a) Colonialism (b) Entente (c) Pandemonium (d) Condominium
8. The stage between boyhood and youth.
(a) Puberty (b) Adolescence (c) Infancy (d) Maturity
9. To move along with quick, short twisting. (Transmission Executives, 1994)
(a)Swagger (b) Stumble (c) Wriggle (d) Crawl
10. That which cannot be done without. (S.B.I.P.O. 1991)
(a) Irrevocable (b) Impracticable (c) Indispensable (d) Impossible
1.(a) 2. (b)
3. (b) 4. (a)
5. (a) 6. (d)
7. (d) 8. (b)
9. (c) 10. (c)