Preparing for grammar is a major step for learning English. Keeping in View we are providing English Grammar Test Exercises with answers PDF. These exercises include miscellaneous items like present tenses exercises, mixed conditionals exercises, tenses exercise with answers, to-infinitive exercise, perfect tenses exercises. This English grammar test quiz will help you to take advanced grammar tests.
Direction: Change the sentences as directed.
- They are counting the votes. (Change the voice)
- I will not help you in future. (Use ‘going to construction’)
- Yes, the news are true. (Correct it)
- You always travel by bus. (Make a ‘Wh’ question)
- Go to the barber and get …………… (Complete the sentence)
- I must remember take my science book tomorrow. (Correct it)
- The mother asked the daughter to tidy her room and she tidied her room. (Rewrite the sentence avoiding the repetition of the underlined clause)
- Trees were planted along roadsides. This made the surroundings look greener. (Combine the sentences by nominal sing the first verb)
- …………… is prohibited. (Complete the sentence using ‘gerund’ as the subject)
- The Principal is not in her office. Surely she……………… home. (Complete using the right modal)
- Economics is really a very tough subject. (Correct it)
- He said, “Welcome to our college”. (Change the narration)
- I generally don’t like ice cream, but………….. (Complete using ‘would like’ construction)
- He said, “Will you help me?” and I said, “yes”. (Change the narration)
- A mystery is something that…………… (Complete using the passive form of ‘can not explain’)
- The votes are being counted.
- I am not going to help you in future.
- Yes, the news is true.
- Why do you always travel by bus?
- Go to the barber and get your hair cut.
- I must remember to take my science book tomorrow.
- The mother asked the daughter to tidy her room and she did so.
- Planting the trees along the roadsides made the surroundings look greener.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- The Principal is not in her office. Surely she must have gone home.
- Economics is really a very tough subject.
- He welcomed us to their college.
- I generally don’t like ice cream, but would you like to have some?
- He asked me if I would help him and I said that I would.
- A mystery is something that cannot be explained.