Following are Grammar Exercises of the jumbled sentences with solution which are also known by many names as scrambled sentences, jumbled words exercise, rearrange sentences, rearranging jumbled words, word order exercises, make a sentence with these words, put the words in the correct order to make meaningful sentences, sentence reordering, jumble word solver, sentence order exercises, arrange this scrambled word, jumbled paragraphs exercises, sentence formation exercises, jumbled sentences quiz, grammar rearrange the sentence. Download the following in pdf and enjoy a sincere study.
Look at the words and phrases below. Rearrange them to form meaningful sentences.
1.and a very / the king / named Acanthus / talented sculptor / Pygmalion was/of Cyprus /of a village.
2. had finished / he smiled / w hen he / the ivory statue / of a beautiful woman /one day
3. smile /at having found /it was / the innocent /new and unique / of a child / something
4. by the beauty/ that /to worship it /he was/falling down / he felt like / so impressed/ on his knees / of the statue
5. that he /a masterpiece / and called / he realised / this beauty, / had created / Galatea
6. was a devoted / to the goddess / he prayed / to breathe life! into it! of Aphrodite✓ since he / follower
1. Pygmalion was t he king of Cyprus and a very talented sculptor of a village named Acanthus.
2. One day he smiled when he had finished the ivory statue of a beautiful woman.
3. It was the innocent smile of a child at having found something new and unique.
4. He was so impressed by the beauty of the statue that he felt like falling down on his knees to worship it.
5. He realised that he had created a masterpiece and called this beauty, Galatea.
6. Since he was a devoted follower of Aphrodite he prayed to the goddess to breathe life into it.
Rearrange the following words and phrases to form meaningful sentences as shown.
1.lavish tombs / pyramids / Egyptians / only / other / for royalty / high ranking / and /people / built / and
2. only if / that / Egyptians / could / were preserved / believed / the spirits of dead people / live on / their bodies / the ancient
3. making them / preserved / dead bodies / so / they / by / into mummies / the
4. dried-out bodies / wrapped / in linen bandages / were
5. Egyptians / the ancient / securely / inside pyramids / the mummies / buried
6. to life and / married her / after the goddess/ his wish, / Pygmalion / Galatea came / granted him
1. Egyptians built lavish tombs and pyramids only for royalty and other high ranking people.
2. The ancient Egyptians believed that the spirits of dead people could live on only if their bodies were preserved.
3. So, they preserved the dead bodies by making them into mummies.
4. Dried-out bodies were wrapped in linen bandages.
5. The ancient Egyptians buried the mummies securely inside pyramids.
6. After the goddess granted him his wish, Galatea came to life and Pygmalion married her.