Reading Skills get sharpened by unseen passage reading comprehension test. We provide reading comprehension exercises with answers. Go through reading comprehension passages with multiple choice questions will help you in reading comprehension questions. We provide simple comprehension passages with questions and answers which have value based questions. These unseen comprehension passages are really helpful to all. Go through this reading comprehension pdf and reading passage worksheets to learn English.
Read the passages given below and answer the questions that follow them:
The film industry is facing the challenge of the television screen which, because of its ready availability and nearness to entertainment seekers, is becoming very popular, particularly in the West where television programmes are as indispensable to people as newspaper material. Sustained entertainment for multitudes lasting two or three hours is possible only in big cinema halls. Scenic beauty, background effects and colour techniques which have made the products of cinema industry so attractive and delightful may not be reproduced by television programme organizers, and therefore, this important invention in the field of wireless communication, in spite of having become a big rival of the cinema, may not succeed in replacing it.
The motion picture has also stepped into the international sphere as an agent of goodwill and co-operation among nations. Cultural contacts which tend to reduce tension in the world and bring harmony in international relations have been established through the medium of films. The more people understand and appreciate the past history, present aims, customs, habits and beliefs of men and women in foreign lands, the more will they realise that their interests can best be served by establishing friendly relations with them and by removing those irritants which breed distrust, lack of co-operation and the desire to punish those whose views and attitudes are such as they do not like. As cultural agents movies can cement ties of love and brotherhood among nations and teach them to confer on each other the benefits of all the rich and glorious achievements of the present enlightened age. In recent years artists of the film world have been visiting foreign lands with a view to presenting before an audience in those countries the best products of their cultural heritage. Film festivals which many European and Asian countries have been organising from time to time have also proved to be of immense value in reducing social barriers, colour prejudices and other causes of friction between nations.
1. Name the source from which the film industry is facing the challenge.
2. Why has TV become very popular?
3. Name three things that can’t be reproduced by television programme organisers?
4. How do films become agents of goodwill and cooperation among nations?
5. What brings harmony and reduces international tension?
6. What do ‘irritants’ breed among nations?
7. What can movies teach the nations to confer on each other?
8. How have the film festivals proved to be of immense value?
1. The film industry is facing the challenge of the television screen these days.
2. The television has become very popular due to its ready availability and nearness to the entertainment seekers.
3. Scenic beauty, background effects and colour techniques which make cinema so attractive can’t be reproduced by television programme organisers.
4. Films have become agents of goodwill and cooperation among nations as they cement cultural contacts among them.
5. Cultural contacts among nations bring harmony and reduce tension among them.
6. Irritants only breed mistrust, lack of cooperation and conflicts among the nations.
7. Movies can teach them to confer on each other the benefits of all the rich and glorious achievements of the age.
8. Film festivals have proved to be of immense value in reducing social barriers, colour prejudices and frictions among nations.
More Comprehension Passages:-
This health essay describes health and wealth relationship focusing on health benefits giving you a health definition. Either you say health and hygiene or health and fitness both are nearly same.Health education has become necessary these days.Read this passage and know health facts because health for allis required.Set up your health goalsand follow health line after getting health literacy so that there remains no health problem.
This speech meaning paragraph describes speech communication and focuses on speech center in brain. Speech disorders as well as speech defectsare many and it is difficult to cure speech disability so we are giving speech notes to explain speech development.
This passage describes soft drink nutrition facts. Read the complete passage to understand soft drink nutrition facts.
This ministry essay sets up a nice ministry definition and gives you details about ministry environment, ministry education, ministry education india, ministry health, ministry health care, ministry in india,ministry power, ministry petroleum. So read and gain knowledge.
This stress management essay introduction describes stress management activities and benefits and sets up a good stress management definition.Read these stress management examples and understand stress management meaning.
This passage describes smiles for life as a smile keeper is always liked. Smile gives good health naturally it is also good for healthy heart. Read these health facts because health fitness is very necessary and health first should be the principle of all. Read and get smiles generator and add smiles to structure.
This passage is all about Kausani Uttarakhand which is also calleds Switzerland of India. Read about this hill station in Uttarakhand to know Kausani temperature and Kausani weather.