Reading Skills get sharpened by unseen passage reading comprehension test. We provide reading comprehension exercises with answers. Go through reading comprehension passages with multiple choice questions will help you in reading comprehension questions. We provide simple comprehension passages with questions and answers which have value based questions. These unseen comprehension passages are really helpful to all. Go through this reading comprehension pdf and reading passage worksheets to learn English.
Papaya Healthiest Fruit
Read the passages given below and answer the questions that follow them:
1. Papaya is the healthiest fruit with a list of properties that is long and exhaustive. Belonging to the family of Caricaceae fruit, it is commonly known as Papaw in Australia and Mamao in Brazil. It first originated in southern Mexico and neighbouring Central America but is now available in every tropical and subtropical country. Papaya favours digestion as well as cures skin irritation and sunburns. You can munch on it as a salad, have it cooked or boiled or just drink it up as milkshake or juices. Modern science confirms the age-old beliefs that papaya has much to contribute to the health cause. The most important of these virtues is the protein-digesting enzyme in the milky juice or latex. The enzyme is similar to pepsin in its digestive action and is said to be so powerful that it can digest 200 times its own weight in protein. It assists the body in assimilating the maximum nutritional value from food to provide energy and body building materials.
2. Papin in raw papaya makes up for the deficiency of gastric juice and fights excess of unhealthy mucus in the stomach, dyspepsia and intestinal irritation. The ripe fruit, if eaten regularly, corrects habitual constipation, bleeding piles and chronic diarrhoea. The juice of the papaya seeds also assists in the above-mentioned ailments.
On the basis of your reading of the above passage, answer any eight of the following questions:
1. What kind of fruit is papaya?
2. Which family does it belong to?
3. What is it called in Australia and Brazil?
4. Where did it first originate in?
5. How is papaya helpful to us?
6. Which ailments can be cured by the ripe papaya?
7.What is the property of an enzyme present in papaya?
8. Write the function of Papin in raw papaya.
9. What is the word used in paragraph 2 which means the same as ‘habitual indigestion’?
More Comprehension Passages:-
This passage describes papaya nutrition including papaya benefits as well as papaya calories. Not only papaya tree but even papaya leaf and papaya colour are also discussed here. So enjoy papaya fruit after learning papaya health benefits. Read about papaya nutrition facts and papaya nutritional value and have papaya fun
This passage describes how are you being bullied at work and what to do if you are being bullied at work.
This communication essay describes communication concept and sets up a fine communication definitionand tells about communication importanceand gives your communication knowledge. Read and know communication meaningas well ascommunication modes. Communication process is not simple. Read this paragraph based on communication researchand understand communication systemand be perfect incommunication managementand avoid communication disorders.
This education article can also be used as education essay which focuses on education background giving a perfect education definition because education for all is so essential. It also tells about education for girls and education importance is another concern of this passage.Education in India is flourishing these days. Read this education paragraph which focuses on education system in India. You can also use it as education speech.
This passage describes kites events for kids as done in the childhood because growing up with kites is a past experience. Nowadays kites for kids is really a dream.
This health essay describeshealth and wealth relationship focusing on health benefits giving you a health definition. Either you say health and hygiene or health and fitness both are nearly same.Health education has become necessary these days.Read this passage and know health facts becausehealth for allis required.Set up yourhealth goals and follow health line after getting health literacy so that there remains no health problem.