Everyone should know full forms of words related to everyone. This page provides best full form and tells what is the full form of VGA. So your search for VGA full form is over. Page is dedicated to a basic full form. Go through and get meaning of VGA
The abbreviation, acronym or full form of VGA is Video Graphics Array
Abbreviation, Acronym & Full Form of VGA
VGA is display hardware which was introduced along with the IBM PS/2 which is a line of IBM’s third generation personal computers released in 1987. VGA was officially followed by IBM’s extended graphics array (XGA) standard. In the present era, VGA analogue interface is used for high definition video including resolutions of 1080p and above.
Resolution and display modes of VGA –A typical VGA system can produce displays with any combination of –
- 512 to 800 pixels wide, in 16 colours (including 640, 704, 720, 736, 768…), or
- 256 to 400 pixels wide, in 256 colours (including 320, 360, 384…) with
- 200, or 350 to 410 lines (including 400-line) at 70 Hz refresh rate, or
- 224 to 256, or 448 to 512 lines (including 240 or 480-line) at 60 Hz refresh rate
- 512 to 600 lines at reduced vertical refresh rates (down to 50 Hz) depending on individual monitor compatibility.
Specifications of VGA –
- 256KB video RAM.
- 16-colour and 256-colour palette display modes.
- 262, 144-colour global palette.
- Selectable 25.175 MHz or 28.322 MHz master pixel clock.
- Usual line rate fixed at 31.469 kHz.
- Maximum of 800 horizontal pixels.
- Maximum of 600 lines.
- Refresh rates at up to 70 Hz.
- Packed pixel mode – 256 colours.
- Barrel shifter.
- 0.7 V peak-to-peak
- 75 ohm double-terminated impedance.